Sunday, October 31, 2010

Toast

This is a toast, to all of us out there welcoming the changing of the seasons.  We don't make plans unless they involve climbing and priorities suddenly shift like nothing else matters.  The temperature is falling, leaves are changing, and the rocks, oh man, the rocks are getting crisp.  I can't say that I enjoy any one time of year more than the Fall.  Everyday I go out seems like it's the best day I've ever had.  Projects from the previous season and new ones alike go down in flames.  Let's here it for sending.  WOOOOO!!!!!!!!  

So I went out to Foster Falls today with Mark Williams and his friend Nicole.  The agenda for the day was to do some serious rock climbing, concentrated efforts. I had previously sent The Big Empty (YAY!!!) and shifted my focus to a pretty sick route called Kill or be Killed.  My initial efforts on the route were a little deflating, but I was psyched to put in the time today to work this thing out.  So, the first go I did some beta refining and made a good link.  My second go was a completely different story.  After blasting off some Snoop Dogg from the sit down rest, I cruised through the first crux lock off, feeling good moving on to the next crux, still moving and then.......PUNT!   Damn!  I should have sent.  I was looking at the jug that starts the 5.10 two bolt finish.  The next go I was obviously tired, resulting in two easy one hangs for the day.  To me this represents a monumental breakthrough in my climbing.  Damn life is good.

I'll be at the HP40 Triple Crown event this weekend.  I leave Wednesday to set up the Evolv and Sterling booths in preparation for a kick ass party.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheddar

1 comment: