Sunday, December 19, 2010

High highs and LOW lows

What is it about the energy of the universe that takes us on this ride of ups and downs, round and rounds, and all the other motions of a roller coaster?  I understand the changing of the tides and the seasons too. But this cycle shows no pattern or is far too complex in physiological processes for me to understand.  At times I find myself climbing better than ever for weeks, no, what the hell, months at a time here recently, and now I find myself bewildered and simply shutdown.  The feeling is numbing, to spend so much time and energy freezing your ass off.  For what?  I just spent four hours in the woods trying to climb a 10 ft. section on a freackin rock!  All in the name of  chasing the send.  Days like these are very deflating and leave me feeling quite unaccomplished.  Am I totally WreCkEd?  Burnt out? Am I trying too hard?  Thinking too much?  No, that's why I can climb at my current level.  I like to climb well and perfect the moves paying close attention to every detail and sequence giving purpose to each attempt.  Ok.  What else?  Well, I did do the Cleo-Cindy trav. pretty quickly the other day.  Cool, but this is a boulder I am very familiar with and it was like 28 degrees outside.  Maybe it's all this damn bouldering!  It seems to me like I was in better form when I was climbing a nice ratio of routes and boulders week by week.  Maybe I need a change of scenery.  Last I heard, we have a crew going to Rocktown tomorrow.  I already feel refreshed not having to go back to LRC to try my projects and with Christmas coming up very soon now I look forward to a trip home to visit my family for a Christams Vacation if you will.

On another note, I think I've been sick for the last three days or so and failed to admit it.  Today I am accepting it as a fact.  So, I'm staying inside cleaning and making a pot of chili.  BOOM!  It's sooo good too.  Not much else has been going on.  I have a new camera on the way that I am VERY excited for and will have lots of pictures and videos to show from it.

Stay tuned.

Cheddar

No comments:

Post a Comment