Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun

Life sure is slow this time of year.  Sunrise is at 6:30 and sets around 9:15.  Each day I find myself wondering what to do now.  I mean, daylight at 9pm?  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't 90+ degrees and 50% chance of rain everyday.  Then I'd have 14 hours of daylight to go climbing.  That would be nice.  Instead, walking outside has become something that I have to prepare for.  No matter what your doing or how long your out there you are going to start dripping with sweat.  The air is usually still and thick like if you were in a black car with the windows up in a parking lot.

Despite the heat, my new roomy, Nate Hefner, is gleaming with the psyche of a kid in a toy store.   He wants to go climbing everyday.  His eyes widen as we turn every arete.  Everything looks good and super exciting.  I on the other hand, have lived here for 6 going on 7 years and am o-ver it.  I try to get motivated and be excited with him but it's just not happening.  I can't be that enthusiastic about going to places I have been dozens of times and trying the same old stuff.  Sure there are plenty of routes I haven't done at each crag, but I am not about the start projecting things all summer that would normally go down in a few attempts.  Personally, I would rather wait till being outside is a little more enjoyable.  That's not to say that I don't enjoy the days of running laps on 5.12's and swimming in the rivers that run below.  

Here are the pics from one of a few days out this summer.  






Aside from climbing being put on hold life has been good this summer.  My love for golf is back in full swing.  I've been playing once a week and chipping and putting the rest.  Honestly, I would find a way to play 18 holes everyday if it weren't so expensive.  

I also got some work done on the van.  I can now say that it is finally coming together to be what I envisioned it being.  This week the Sterling and Metolius logos are going on.  I'll post the finished pics.  


No summer in chattanooga is complete without a week long music festival in the heart of and on the river banks of this great city.  For the entire week roads are closed, live music plays, and the people are out to enjoy it all.  I really like this event, Riverbend, as it pulls the entire city together to relax, eat, drink, and enjoy the show. No matter what your taste of music you will find something that you like. The festival ended with an amazing and long setlist by Perpetual Groove that led straight into the fireworks signifying the end of the festival.



Oh yeah.....you may have noticed that I added a new link on the side.  Salewa has approached Kurt and I to be the Southeast reps as they plan to open accounts across the region, broadening their newly developed North American market.  I am very proud to add Salewa to the agency.  This company represents an alpine and climbing heritage that has been proven through 70+ years of experience and field testing.   Haven't  heard of it?  After I met with Keith from Salewa I started seeing adds everywhere.  8a.nu, Rock and Ice, Backpacker, and Climbing Magazine all have adds that I hadn't noticed in the past simply because I wasn't in the market for new gear.  This brand is HUGE in Europe and for good reason.  


When my sample pair came in the mail my first impression was that this is gonna be the hottest shoe in town.  I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of make and performance of the Fire Tail.  It's attractive, supportive, and very stable in a multitude of environments.  Click the logo to visit their website.  

Holllerrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment