Monday, January 31, 2011

All night long

The past few days have been absolutely exhausting.  Having been filled with hiking all over Chattanooga's hillsides my knees and the arches of my feet are sooo sore.  On Friday, Jimbo, Kit, and I returned with pads to a place we had checked out a few days before. WHOA!  Climbing here is really good.  It's littered with 20-30 ft. roofs that are pocketed and juggy enough to keep most everyone psyched, just don't get pumped! We managed to climb the best lines on what we saw as the best rock.  I know I did three knew problems, which I am very glad to have done.  Projects await as others fall.  We will be back for sure.


Jimmy cleaning up a PJ.
Saturday was interesting to say the least.  With the installation of a nice 8 car parking lot, Pep Boys has made a name for itself calling people from all corners of the south.  I pulled up at about noon and to my surprise there wasn't a spot to be had.  And I wasn't the only one, people were already lining the side of the entrance in an effort to enjoy the serenity of the wilderness just down the Cumberland Trail.  However bummed I may have been that there were soooo many people here the time could not have been better to rally the pads for serious attempts on Salo's Roof.  We KILLED it too!  Andrew and I were focused on the take down.  So, after about 20 minutes of trading burns and refining beta I topped out and Andrew followed soon after.  Perfect.  I am sooo stoked to have done this mega-roof climb.  From here the plan was to try Big Gulp, but sheesh, I was starting to feel tired.  So, I called it quits.  

Antman on Undercover Cutie V8
Brion on the hard start to one of many exits.
Sunday was all about the solo mission to take down Big Gulp.  I got all psyched around one that afternoon and drove out feeling pretty good, until I pulled on to climb.  UGH!  I was soooo sore.  The previous two days of 20+ move V8's and harder had taken it's toll.

Here's a shorty from Friday.  I can't say this is the best spot to go check out as the parking and access are not ideal.  

On the horizon awaits the Eastern Outdoor Reps Association show this weekend.  I'll be in SC for 5 days kickin it with The General, Kurt Smith.  With tons of knew products from Evolv, Metolius, and Sterling we will have our hands full.  Hopefully, I'll return the following week well rested and feeling good.  

Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment